April 23, 2014

A Week of the Mondays

 So my dog is a total freak.  She's really bashful and scared of people (even though she is pretty big--a white German Shepard).  When she gets out of the house, it's not as simple as calling her name and she comes back in.  Oh no.  She will even run from the kids and I.  She will only come to Patrick.

Well on Monday morning, she got out of the house.  And I had to chase her ass all around town until I finally got her in.  I was late to work.  The kids were late to school.

On Tuesday morning I was driving my usual busload of kids to school when I noticed that the van sounded really funny.  I pulled over and got out.  Flat tire.  Nail.  Called towing company.  Got tire changed.  Went to dealership to get tire repaired.  They couldn't repair it.  And they didn't have a tire to replace it with.  Late to work again.

Plus side to all of this madness?  I treated myself to coffee two days in a row.  I got to walk my younger kids to school this morning.  I beat morning traffic going in to work late.  I got to take my blog photos in the morning instead of on lunch.   I found out just how helpful it is to have an amazing support system of neighbor moms and co-workers to help cover for me.

It may have been a couple of rocky starts to the week, but really it was just the blessing in disguises that I needed.  It gave me time to breath, even though there were times of crisis. 

It's always good to remember what you have when you're having a tough go at things.  What I have is a husband that will call a towing company while I'm freaking out on the phone with him.  I have an old neighbor that can help shuffle kids around and even offer to fix the flat herself.  I have an understanding office that doesn't freak out when shit happens.

 I am writing this on Tuesday night so I don't know yet what Wednesday morning has in store.  But I do know that whatever it is, I can handle it.  And that feeling is priceless.

Mustard Dress-Free People; White Leggings-JCPenney; Cognac Leather Jacket-Target; Cognac OTK Boots-Charlotte Russe; Earrings-Kohl's; Sunnies-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs