April 2, 2014

Mission #30, Day 3--Menswear--Sporty--AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNER!!!

I chose to sport this sporty menswear inspired look for Mission Week for a very special reason.  Today my baby boy turns 9 years old.  I can hardly believe it.  Between the hormones of this pregnancy and the fact that I won't see him for his birthday (he's with his dad), I am extra emotional about it.

As we get nearer to the d-date with this little one, I continuously have memories of the birth stories of my other kiddos.  It's so funny how their birth stories all relate to their own personalities.  Conner's birth was quick, very matter-of-fact and amazing.

Being an extremely gullible and over trusting person all my life, I'd never been a fan of April Fool's Day.  This being well known, everyone said that I would go into labor on April Fool's Day.  I told them there was no way that would happen (even though it could since I was due on April 7).  My mom even took Kaden for the night in anticipation of such an event. 

Unfortunately, my grandpa had been in the hospital for a couple of weeks at this point with kidney complications.  At about 10:30 or so on April Fool's Day evening, my dad called me to tell me that he had passed away in Phoenix.  I went to bed a little sad (we weren't close, but he was a cool guy) at about 11.  Around 11:17, I had my first big contraction.  By 11:30, I was in agony, waking up my ex and demanding to go to the hospital.  I didn't ever need to time my contractions, but they were right on top of each other.  There was no mistaking it, I was having this baby.  Four and a half hours later, at 4:02 a.m. on 4/2/05 Conner Thomas Clark was born. 

It is uncanny that he was born on such a cool number timeline (4:02 on 4/2).  The kid is AMAZING with numbers.  It was perfect that he was born in the midst of sad news--he can always bring a smile to your face.  It was so "him" the way that labor went--ok, we're doing this, let's get it done and move on.  Very efficient.  This kid is so mellow, so caring, so smart, so cool.  He is truly the definition of a great kid.  And I am so blessed to have him as my son.

Happy birthday Conner!  I love you so much!

Maternity Skinny Jeans-thrifted; Baseball Tee-Kohl's; Black Puffer Vest-thrifted; Spiked Baseball Hat-Amazon; Leopard Print Flats-Payless; Mirrored Aviators-Target; Knotted Earrings-Charming Charlie's

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs