April 16, 2014

Mission #31, Day 3--Pastel and Neon

One fun way to wear pastels for Mission Week and this spring is with neon.  It's a fairly new pairing, I think, but it works surprisingly well together.  Case in point--mint and hot pink.  But I've seen awesome combinations with neon yellow, orange or blue and pastels too.

Patrick and I went to the doctor today for an appointment.  It's crazy to think we're down to the month countdown.  We will get to go once a week now which makes me really excited.  Of course, I'm excited to meet this little babe.  I'm excited to experience this with Patrick.  I'm excited for my kids to get another sibling.

But I'm also excited to get back to things that I miss.  Like my wedding ring.  My fingers have been swollen and I haven't gotten to wear it for a couple of months now.  And my shoes.  Oh all of my glorious shoes!  I finally gave in to the sciatica nightmare and have been on a flats only fashion diet for a couple of months.  Way better on the butt, but sad on the sartorial heart.

I've also been missing the simple things in life--breathing (this kid loves to be all up in my ribs).  Walking.  Getting up without it being a production.  Putting on shoes and socks.  Painting my toenails.  Sleep.  Going more than a half hour without having to pee. 

Before I got pregnant, I thought I needed all of these new elements for my wardrobe.  Now, I can't WAIT to have my closet back.  So many options.  Before I got pregnant, I never drank beer.  Now, I crave it more than ever (I don't indulge in any, of course).  I had a dream the other night where I was drinking a Rolling Rock (which I haven't had since high school I think) and it was the best thing ever.

I know that I will miss having the baby roll around in my belly (which it does CONSTANTLY), but I definitely won't miss the foot in my ribs or side.  Seriously, I think my rib cage is bruised from all of the gymnastics this little wiggle worm does in there!

Mint Skinny Jeans-Kohl's; Mint Mesh Sweater-Target; Hot Pink Sheer Button Down Blouse-Old Navy; Crocheted Sneakers-Target; Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-Target; Branch Necklace-c/o Blue Nile

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs