April 21, 2014

Mission Monday #32--Printed Pants

Printed pants have been the thang for a few years now.  Some people are threatened by them, but they really are a fun addition to any wardrobe.  And they really are more versatile than you would think.  Next week, we'll explore.

Patrick and I have had the name of the baby--regardless of sex--in mind since before I even got pregnant.  There was a moment, though, where I had a moment of doubt.  Mostly this was because I had always loved the name Marley for a girl.  I share the same birthday as Bob Marley and I consider him to be one of the most influential people to ever live.

Well I told my sister about this who told my mom who threw a fit about it.  "Marley?   Like that dog in that movie?  What?  Like Bob Marley?  No.  No.  You can't name a baby that."  Slightly offended by this because I really did love that name (though ultimately came back around to our original name), I started to understand why my sister never disclosed any of my nieces' names prior to their birth.

My mother is the queen of spaz and not only over the name.  She's convinced that the baby is coming early.  She's scolded me (playfully) about not just having a scheduled birth like my sister, who had all c-sections.  The waiting is truly traumatic for her, she says. 

So I decided to give her a smart ass what-for a couple of days ago.  I told her that if the baby was to be born yesterday, on 4/20, and was a girl, we were going to name her Marley Jane.  And that we were going to bring her home in a hemp blanket.  And that we were going to borrow her husband's dreadlock beanie from a few Halloweens ago for her to wear home.

Of course, she didn't like that well.  I don't understand what the uproar would be.  I think the name Marley is super cute.  And I do think that Bob Marley is an inspirational person with a personal connection to myself as well.  But, that name is not in the running any longer.  Even though my mom has no room to talk.  She named me after a damn bird. 

Red and White Striped Shirt-Marshall's; Maternity Polka Dot Pants-Old Navy; Tweed Flats-Target; Pearl Necklaces-vintage from Grandma and Kohl's; Red and White Polka Dot Scarf-vintage; Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted
 
Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs