August 4, 2014

Make it Monday--Introducing!!!!

I know it seems hard to believe, but ever since I started Mission Weeks, Share the Covers, Thursday Mixers and Dear Frannie Fridays, blogging has been so much easier for me.  I know it seems like it gives me less freedom, but actually it helps me a lot to have a schedule.  And I always enjoy a challenge!

So this week I'm introducing two new series to this blog.  Today I introduce Make It Monday!  I love sharing--crafts, recipes, etc.  Unfortunately I'm not usually creative or culinarily inclined enough to come up with these things on my own, so I turn to Pinterest.  So I think every other Monday I'll share something that I experimented with on Pinterest.  This might be a recipe, a craft with the kiddos, an outfit or whatever.

I'm not kidding.  I use Pinterest almost every single day.  So this will be a good way to intermingle the two Internet loves--the blog and the Pinterest.  This way I can show you guys what I've been up to outside of getting dressed!  Because I know you're all really interested.  

I'm still going to do Mission Weeks, but since I've turned it from a link up thing to a personal challenge, there's really no need to announce ahead of time what I'm going to challenge myself with. 

And unfortunately, this idea came kind of on a whim so I don't have any pictures today to show you what I was up to this weekend Pinterest-wise.  But I can tell you that I made this Jalapeno Popper Dip and these Sopapillas for a Mexican themed potluck at my sisters--both a huge hit!  And I also made these Cheesesteak Sandwiches for dinner to rave reviews.  And I am planning to implement this cleaning schedule as of today to get back in the school schedule groove.  You can also follow me along on Instagram--which I've grown quite fond of lately--to see what I might be posting on there.

 So, I'm pretty stoked about it.  I'm also stoked about these photos.  I've been wanting to take my photos at this cool hand structure for years, but never got the timing right.  You see it's at a busy park that houses baseball games, football games, soccer games and a skate park.  So usually it's swamped with people, but right now it is just between seasons, so it happened to be vacant--just the way I like it.

And, just so you know that I'm not a total D-Bag, I really was on the phone in these photos with my sister.  As with most sisters I suspect, saying goodbye seems to take longer than you anticipate, so I figured, "eh, why not just kind of include her in the photos."  So meet Sammie, aka "the Peeps"--via cell, of course.

Green and White Striped Dress-thrifted; Gold Heels-thrifted; Gold Skinny Belt-thrifted; Earrings-gifted; Watch-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs