September 9, 2014

Mission #41, Day 2--Metallic Hat

Today we are exploring yet another way to rock metallics this fall and that is in small doses with accessories.  So for this look, I kept it simple in all black but threw on my gold cloche that my mom thrifted for me some time ago (thanks mom!).

So something else I hadn't really thought about until our anniversary yesterday was this little tidbit: I have not smoked a cigarette for a year now!  Awesome right?  And I have no intention of ever starting that habit up again.

I found out I was pregnant with Reilly on September 3rd last year.  As you might or might now remember, I was a smoker.  I know, I know.  Nasty.  I get it.  I'd smoked since I was 15 years old.  I quit with every pregnancy and then would start up again like an idiot--usually thinking I could have "just one".  It never works that way.

Before, I would totally miss smoking.  I really did love it at one point.  I loved the release, the break, the social aspect.  But this time is totally different.  The smell of smoke made me so sick with Reilly, I couldn't fathom smoking again.

And honestly I don't miss smoking one bit this time.  I don't miss the smell, I don't miss the addictive "need" to smoke, I certainly don't miss the high price of cigarettes.  I don't miss the mess in my car and I don't miss the freezing my ass off to supply a habit.

So yay!  One year, no smoking.  That's pretty freaking awesome if you ask me.  I think I've saved enough money not smoking to treat myself to a hair dye, amirright?

LBD-thrifted; Sequined Blazer-thrifted; Gold Cloche Hat-thrifted; Leopard Print Flats-Payless; Diamond Stud earrings-gifted; Sunnies-shop in mall

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs