November 19, 2014

Mission #46, Day 3--#sweatpantsduh

Can we all take a moment of praise that sweatpants and general loungewear are a "thing" now?  Can I get an amen?  Because, when styled correctly, it can look pretty damn good.  And nothing beats the comfort factor of a good pair of sweatpants.

I wasn't always a sweatpants fan and it did take me a while to come around.  Growing up we were poor.  Jeans were a luxury that we could not really afford.  And I remember that we had maybe one pair of jeans each--my sister, brother and I.

The rest of our legwear choices laid in sweatpants or leggings.  I refused to wear sweatpants because I was determined that sweatpants were lazy, sloppy and just plain gross.  My brother was obsessed with sweatpants.  Namely, these canary yellow ones.  

Once, I got so mad that he continued to wear these sweatpants.  I remember reprimanding him on our way out the door to an outing.  He didn't care, however.  But I remember it clear as day.

I recently asked my brother if he remembered that.  He was about 7 years old.  He claimed he did not.  "Really?"  I asked.  "Yeah," he responded "I don't know why I wouldn't remember that.  You know what, she's right." He joked.  I love my brother's wit.

Grey Sweatpants-Old Navy; Aerosmith Tee-thrifted; Black Blazer-thrifted; Wedge Sneakers-Target; Earrings-Charming Charlie's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs