November 21, 2014

Mission #46, Day 5--Jeans

Jeans.  They're a given when traveling.  No fail in comfort, can be dressed up or dressed down and pockets.   These jeans in specific made me dance for joy when I put them on on this particular morning.

They are the first pre-pregnancy non-maternity jeans I've worn in probably a year.  I can't tell you how good it felt.  And although the scale has not shown much (or really any) improvement from my working out or eating right, they do say it's all in the waistline.

It's hard to think that way, though.  You're so used to a number.  And it's definitely true that I have a long way to go in that there are many items of clothing in my closet I still can't fit into.  But slowly but surely, I can try different pairs of pants or skirts and have them zip up.

And that alone is just enough to get me out of bed in the morning when it is still dark out.  When I've been up with a baby all night long.  When I know that if I skip the workout, I can have an extra 45 minutes of precious sleep.

It makes up for all of the times that I get bummed out because I'mbustingmyassandnothingishappening!!!  It may be a small victory, it may be a superficial victory, but it is a victory nonetheless. 

 And, yes, I realize that I've worn this jacket in 3 out of the 5 outfit posts for this Mission Week.  This jacket is just another example of a) closet staples.  I constantly wear this jacket.  It seems to go with everything.  And b) that the exercising is paying off.

When I bought this jacket I was pregnant.  I bought it in a small because that was my normal size.  And I figured that a jacket shouldn't change in size whether I was pregnant or not.  I was wrong.  I forgot that being pregnant changes every aspect of your body.  And after I had Reilly, it was still a bit snug.  But now, it's starting to fit like it's supposed to.  #littlevictories

Cognac Leather Jacket-Target; Black Peplum Blouse with Leather Sleeves-H&M; Leopard Print Heels-Target; Distressed Boyfriend Jeans-Kohl's; Studded Bracelets-gifted; Pearl Earrings-gifted from Patrick from Qatar; Mirrored Aviators-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs