April 16, 2015

Mission #55, Day 4

Never underestimate the imagination of a seven year old.  This look also had a lot going on: spiked baseball hat, graphic print tee, silver oxfords, beaded belt and snakeskin bag.  However, this one was a lot of fun to wear.  I have to admit: I was impressed with this one.

I received some unfortunate news this week.  Let me give you some back story.  I moved from Longmont to Loveland in the middle of 8th grade.  I was shy and not good at meeting new people.  So I didn't make any friends during those last couple months of middle school.  And I went into high school friendless.

I met what would come to be one of my best high school friends, Bekey, in ninth grade.  We were always together.  She introduced me to Amanda, who was dating Patrick (my now husband) at the time.  In other words, I wouldn't be married to Patrick now had I not met Bekey.

Bekey and I remained friends all through high school and beyond.  We go in and out of each other's lives as we are both busy with families, but we are there for the important stuff.  I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, she was at my wedding, we have random dinners or drinks and such.  But we were both married and working and had kids.  She lived in north Colorado, about an hour away.  You know how it goes.

Well about a year or two ago, Bekey learned that she had cancer.  Through treatments and ups and downs, she finally found herself in remission a couple of months ago.  During her time with cancer, her husband Steve was right there with her--supported her, shaved his head with her when she lost her hair, and all the other great husband stuff.

Unfortunately, on Monday, Steve passed away unexpectedly in his sleep.  And Bekey, just getting "out of" having cancer, is now facing raising their two small children alone.  She and Steve would have been married for nine years in the fall.

Bekey's wedding in 2006

I have set up a GoFundMe page for her.  I know that we are kind of bombarded with these but really if you can spare just even $10 (a coffee break), it can really make a difference for one small family going through a really tough time.  My thoughts are with you Bekey Wekey!

 From my wedding 2012

White Pencil Skirt-thrifted
Graphic Tee-gifted
Silver Oxfords-thrifted
Bag-Kohl's
Spiked Baseball Hat-Amazon
Beaded Belt-gifted 
Earrings-DIY and gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs