January 4, 2017

SammyDress Review

SammyDress was the second website that allowed me to review a few pieces from their site.  I chose two sweaters and a pair of trousers--all of which are totally "trending" lately.  First, this oversized sweater and the split-front flared cigarette trousers.

I am absolutely in love with both of these pieces--the trousers are SO cute and completely on trend right now.  The slight flare at the ankle is something that has a vintage vibe and is incredibly classic and versatile.  A word to the wise on these trousers--SIZE.  UP.  I am typically a size small/4-6 in pants, but ordered a medium to be on the safe size.  These pants are TINY, but they are also elastic and stretchy, so it worked out well.  One thing on the pants is that they were not the quality that I experienced previously with Zaful.  The stitch on the waistband practically desolated after this wear.  

I am OBSESSED with this sweater.  The fit is perfect and cozy.  I love a sweater that doesn't strangle me or make me itchy.  This sweater did neither and I have actually ended up wearing it several more times since this outfit.  I am also really loving the exaggerated high-low hem.

With both of these items and the sweater below, the timing of receipt from request was 2-3 weeks.  Again, not bad but not as speedy as your typical online purchase turnaround. The sweater costs $15, which is amazing.  The pants cost $14 so this outfit, sans shoes, is less than $30.  Bam!









Flare Pants-SammyDress, c/o
Oversized Sweater- SammyDress, c/o
Booties-Target 

This is the second sweater from SammyDress that I received.  I have been dying over the cold shoulder trend and have just not found the right pieces to experiment with it yet.  Enter this sweater.

This one is very nice.  I admittedly am not as in love with the sweater as I thought.  I think it's because I expected the hem to be longer and not as fitted, but I do still very much like the sweater.  It is a pretty, soft color, which is exactly what I think this sweater calls for.  I really love the knit.  It is not clingy and very soft.  It was not itchy or tight, which are my two biggest sweater requirements.

I decided to go a more boho approach with this fun fringed skirt and tall boots.  This outfit has a lot of texture and is ton of fun.  I think the open shoulders of this look and the length of the skirt and boots really give this a youthful and fun appeal.

This sweater arrived with the rest of the SammyDress items in about 2-3 weeks from order.  As mentioned previously, this is not so bad, but much longer than if you order from somewhere domestic or a chain.  This sweater costs $27, which is perfectly acceptable.


Cold Shoulder Sweater- SammyDress, c/o
Fringe Leather Skirt-Forever 21
Boots-Charlotte Russe

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs